The purpose of the Cornerstone Collective Internship is to give men and women the space to grow in their love and understanding of Jesus and His church. As well as that, our hope is that leaders are raised up and equipped to be used by God to see his Kingdom advance across Merseyside and beyond. Through our internship programme, we therefore provide the opportunity for men and women to pursue training that is both theological and practical whilst allowing them to gain ministry experience, test calling and to serve God’s people and the community all for the glory of God.
- The internship takes place over an academic year (September-July) on a fixed term basis.
- Serving and training within the church for three days of the week (one of which is a Sunday)
- Approximately 20-30 hours per week
- There is no charge from the Collective to take part in the internship, but you will be encouraged to raise financial support or find a part-time job to support your general living costs.
- Where a need for help with accommodation occurs, we will endeavour to find some options for you.
- Training will be provided during the internship in all key areas of gospel ministry, with opportunities to deepen your theological understanding as well.
- There will be the option to focus on specific areas of church life in your training (e.g. Kids, Worship etc.)
You will grow and learn in a variety of ways. This will include:
- Collective staff meetings, congregational staff team meetings,1:1's, weekly and monthly intern training and teaching from the pastors of the Cornerstone Collective churches.
- All interns will have specific congregational responsibilities, input, and training (e.g. kids ministry, worship, youth, internationals, operations etc).
- You will experience the joys of participating in the life of the wider church by being part of one of the Gospel Communities within a church where you will “do life” together with a diverse group of people. Your involvement in the Gospel Community will be a key area of growth and development during the internship.
- General duties and responsibilities for service within the church buildings.
- Outside training possibilities will be discussed during your interview.